Thanks to our guests, we have won a 2018 Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor! We have consistently received great reviews on the travel site, and we are so grateful to our visitors for taking the time to share their experiences online. We appreciate your feedback, so share your thoughts with us directly and help other travelers decide to stay with us by leaving a review.
The Old Mill named #2 Best Arkansas Attraction by USA Today
The Old Mill at T.R. Pugh Memorial Park in North Little Rock has won USA Today’s 10Best Reader’s Choice Awards for Best Arkansas Attraction, second only to Buffalo National River! The National Historic Landmark was built in 1933 and is most known for being featured in the opening credits of Gone with the Wind.
First ever Arkansas Italian Food and Culture Festival kicks off in North Little Rock
Our mouths are already watering for the first annual Arkansas Italian Food and Culture Festival, scheduled for April 20 and April 21 at the North Shore Riverwalk at Riverfront Park Drive in North Little Rock. Expect a celebration of Italian-American heritage, art, music and, of course, food! Activities will include cooking lessons, cooking competitions (even one for the kids!), bocce ball competition, soccer tournament, cycling ride and a car show. Join the Facebook event to stay updated.
Follies opens at Argenta Community Theater March 7
It is 1971, and the iconic Weismann Theater, now a crumbling shell of its former glory, is about to be demolished to provide precious New York City parking space. Broadway impresario Dimitri Weismann arranges a reunion of the actors, singers, dancers and personalities who peopled his famous Follies in the years between the World Wars, as a farewell tribute to the doomed building. The musical runs at Argenta Community Theater at 405 Main Street in North Little Rock from March 7 to March 17.
Verizon Arena lineup
For more information, visit the Verizon Arena website.
19th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade
The annual parade will take place on St. Patrick’s Day (March 17) beginning at 1 p.m. There is a new parade route this year: it will begin at 6th & Main Streets in downtown North Little Rock, cross the Main Street Bridge, travel east on President Clinton Avenue through the River Market, turn south on Sherman Street and end at Third & Cumberland Streets in Little Rock.
Trading in brats for burgers at annual Innovation Hub event
Previously “Beer, Brats and Bots,” the annual Beer, Burgers and Bots will be at the Arkansas Regional Innovation Hub at 204 E. 4th Street in North Little Rock on Saturday, February 17. Prepare yourself for a fun, fast-paced robot werestling competition that “celebrates the warrior-geek in all of us.” Twelve teams are expected to compete. Tickets for spectators are $10 in advance or $15 at the door. Tickets include one food ticket and two beer tickets. Ages 6 and under are free.
To sign up to receive the monthly newsletter from the North Little Rock Convention & Visitors Bureau, click here.
Check out upcoming events in the North Little Rock Convention & Visitors Bureau’s October Happenings newsletter, including:
- a new catfish festival in North Little Rock
- 1929 Ford Trimotor Airliner visiting the North Little Rock Municipal Airport
- Cirque du Soleil’s Crystal at Verizon Arena
- Lucinda Williams at CHARTS
- Classic and antique boats stop in North Little Rock
- Thea Foundation opens doors after renovations
- Restaurant Spotlight: Kamikaito by Kiyen’s
- Verizon Arena lineup
One of the benefits of staying at the Downtown Riverside RV Park is you’re only minutes away from entertainment at Verizon Arena and in the Argenta Arts District.
Want to receive the Happenings e-newsletter every month? You can sign up here.
One of the advantages of the Downtown Riverside RV Park being located near downtown North Little Rock is proximity to fun events and entertainment. Here are some upcoming highlights.
- ACANSA Arts Festival (Sept. 20 – Sept. 24) – A five-day celebration of the arts, at various locations around town. Live performances, exhibits, art education programs, training and activities.
- Big Dam Bridge 100 (Sept. 23) – Arkansas’s largest cycling tour with nearly 3,000 cyclists every year. The race finish line ends in the Argenta Arts District with a block party and live music.
- Wings Over the Rock Air Show & Car Show (Sept. 23) – This annual event at the North Little Rock Municipal Airport is a short drive away, but well worth it. Antique cars, muscle cars, war birds, formation flying, helicopter rides and food trucks. Gates open at 9 a.m.
- Little Rocktoberfest (Sept. 23) – Celebrate Oktoberfest surrounded by a one-of-a-kind homebrew competition, local breweries and all things beer.
- Arkansas Times Whole Hog & BBQ (Oct. 1) – Professional teams cook a whole heritage breed hog and side dishes. Amateur teams cook pork puts. Live music and a beer and wine garden make this a fun Sunday afternoon in the Argenta Arts District.
- Heartland Classics Antique and Classic Boat Show (Oct. 7) – Our neighbors at the Arkansas Inland Maritime Museum are hosting antique and classic boats from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Some of the boats are completing the 370-mile Arkansas River Odyssey that begins in Muskogee, Oklahoma. Be sure to check out the real World War II submarine and tugboat while at the museum.
- Six Bridges Regatta (Oct. 14) – If you’re staying with us, then you have a front row seat to this fun rowing competition on the Arkansas River. Participants launch right next to the RV park at the Boathouse, row west to the start and finish at the Clinton Presidential Park Bridge – right next to us.
- Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure (Oct. 14) – No doubt one of the largest events every year downtown with hundreds racing to raise funds to fight breast cancer. The race starts at Second and Broadway in Little Rock, crosses the Main Street Bridge into North Little Rock, crosses the Broadway Bridge back to Little Rock and finishes at Capitol and Gaines.
- Bruno Mars (Oct. 22) – Yep, we will be less than half a mile from Bruno Mars when he comes to Verizon Arena. Can’t beat that.
- Cirque du Soleil: Crystal (Oct. 26 – Oct. 29) – Again, being close to Verizon Arena has its perks. Cirque du Soleil is bringing its first ever ice show to North Little Rock; “Crystal” combines acrobatics and ice skating for a whole new experience. (Psst…use the code “CRYSTAL 10” for $10 off tickets).
You may have noticed, but the Downtown Riverside RV Park has a brand new website, which is hopefully easier to navigate and is more mobile-friendly. Which means if you are traveling across Arkansas in your RV, you can hopefully find us easier on your laptop, tablet or mobile phone. Let us know what you think!
- Request a Reservation – Fill out this simple form to request to stay with us. We will follow up with you about your request.
- Amenities – the newest amenity we’re excited about is the new concrete pads! We also have on-site management, water hook-ups, 50 AMP electricity, sewer hook-ups, dump station, free WiFi and more.
- Rates – We offer three different parking options based on the size of your vehicle, availability and preference: Riverpark (back-in sites), Riverview (pull-through sites) and Riverside (closest to the river).
- Things to Do – Our unique location in the downtown area means we are conveniently close to North Little Rock and Little Rock attractions, dining, shopping and events.
- Park Map – Easily download or view the map of our park, as well as our rules and general park information.
- Special Events – Did you know you can rent our pavilion for special events? If you are a guest, the pavilion is free for you to use. But outside groups and RV rallies can reserve the space, too. If you are looking for a special event venue, check us out.
- Contact – As always, please call if you have any questions.
- Blog – We hope to post regular updates here, so be sure to follow us.
If you stopped by last December, you may have noticed we were working on a new project – new concrete pads for RVs. We are happy to say that they are now completed and ready just in time for summer RV travel.
We now have concrete on 14 riverside sites and 14 pull-through sites, a feature that our guests have been raving about:
So jump in your RV this summer, head to Arkansas and check out the new pads for yourself!